The CBI will now take over investigations into late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, the Supreme Court ordered today, asking the Mumbai police to hand over all evidence it has collected to the investigating agency. In a big win for Bihar in its brawl with Maharashtra, the Supreme Court additionally said the FIR that is registered in Patna based on a complaint filed by Sushant Singh’s father was completely correct and Bihar was competent to ask the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate the case. Here are some important points of Supreme Court hearing as follows:
- Rhea Chakraborty had filed a petition in Supreme Court to transfer the FIR registered in Patna to Mumbai.
- The SC said the Mumbai police had registered only an accidental death report that is why it had limited powers while the Bihar Police registered a “full-fledged FIR” which has referred to the CBI.
- Maharashtra Police has been asked to cooperate with the CBI probe and provide all assistance to CBI. If any other case was registered in connection with the SSR death case, it would also be probed by the CBI.
- SSR, 34, was found dead in his apartment located in Bandra, Mumbai on 14th June. The Mumbai Police considered it as suicide and had been investigating the matter whether he was suffering from depression and had felt slighted by film industry insiders.
- After a month, Sushant’s father KK Singh filed an FIR against Rhea in charge of money laundering and cheating his son financially and mentally harassing him.
- The Bihar Police complaint led to investigations by the CBI and Enforcement Directorate(ED) into the actor’s financial status and his father’s complaint that many unknown transactions were done from his account.
- The 28-year-old actor Rhea has denied all the allegations of Sushant Singh’s father’s as “total nonsense”. In her court arguments, she had said the move to supersede the Mumbai Police investigation had become about politics ahead of the Bihar’s next election.
- Soon after the court order, reactions poured in social media from Bihar and also from the film industry. “We welcome the decision of the Supreme Court to allow CBI to continue the investigation of Sushant’s death case on the basis of FIR filed in Bihar. Our stand vindicated,” tweeted Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi.
We welcome the decision of Supreme Court to allow CBI to continue with its probe of Sushant death case on the basis of FIR filed in Bihar.Our stand vindicated.#SushantSingRajput
— Sushil Kumar Modi (@SushilModi) August 19, 2020
— Ankita lokhande (@anky1912) August 19, 2020
Humanity wins, congratulations to each one of SSR warriors, first time I felt such strong force of collective consciousness, AMAZING 👏👏👏#CBITakesOver
— Kangana Ranaut (@KanganaTeam) August 19, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s sister Shweta Singh Kirti, who had been campaigning for a CBI investigation, tweeted:
— Shweta Singh Kirti (@shwetasinghkirt) August 19, 2020